The AMA Research & Strategy Summit is a little over a week away (September 11-14) and the team here is getting excited. The conference schedule is packed and Orlando has much to offer. So if you’re an attendee, where do you need to go? What do you need to see? What’s worthy of your precious time?
We’re here to help… Here’s our short to-do list.
1) Learn the secrets behind brand growth. At 1:20 on Tuesday, September 13, Professor Byron Sharp from the Ehrenberg-Bass Institute for Marketing Science will field audience questions and dispel some misconceptions about brand growth, competition, loyalty, advertising, etc… In doing so, we will all learn a little something about why most brands don’t grow market share and how we can avoid the pitfalls and do better for our organizations.
2) Find out what clients really want from their research partners. At 11:25 on Monday, September 12, Jen Drolet of iModerate will be presenting the findings of our research which brings to light clients’ top wants and needs. Research firms in attendance will get a sense of what they really need to focus on in order to be considered a true partner. Spoiler alert – above all else building a trusting relationship is the key to the castle. How do you do that? The marketers, insight teams and advertisers we talked to had some ideas…
3) Visit Orlando Brewing. They are pretty special. For one, they are 100% organic, the only one of their kind in Florida. Two, they brew in accordance to the German Beer Purity Law of 1516, which as a brew lover I know is not easy to comply with all the time. The law states that the only ingredients used for the brewing of beer must be barley, hops and water. Will these self-imposed restrictions hamstring them from churning out more creative brews? Only one way to find out.
4) See what the people in charge have to say. The CEO’s from GFK, Synovate, TNS North America, ORC International, National Analysts Worldwide and Millward Brown North America are all getting together for a good old fashioned panel discussion at 4:15 on Monday, September 12. They will be answering audience questions and giving their thoughts on the transformational changes going on in the industry. Lots of experience and brain power on one stage usually equates to a worthwhile 45 minutes.
5) Get yourself some fresh seafood. Being landlocked in Colorado, anytime we get near an ocean we’re all about going out for some great seafood. If you’re a seafood lover, there are great options in Orlando including Blue Zoo, Moonfish and Fulton’s Crabhouse.
6) Meet and mingle with the best and brightest. While the sessions are great, there’s no substitute for networking with our peers. Lunches every day, the AMA After Dark Tuesday night, the exhibit hall and multiple cocktail receptions provide ample opportunity to meet new people and catch up with contemporaries.
7) Be a kid again. Orlando is where you inner child goes to play. Disney, Epcot, SeaWorld, Wet ‘n Wild, Universal Orlando, etc… So take a break from market research, change out of your business casual attire, grab a few colleagues, and go for a ride on Space Mountain or check out Dolphin Cove.
What are you looking forward to in Orlando?